Foreign Licence Validation
An applicant, for the validation of a foreign licence for use on South African registered aircraft, is required to submit his or her valid foreign licence as well as a valid passport when applying for the validation.
This validation allows a pilot with a foreign licence to fly South African registered aircraft in South Africa on their foreign licence, as long as their foreign licence and medical is current. This validation is valid for 5 years and requires the following:
60 days Prior to arrival in South Africa the applicant will submit the following documents:
- Proof of payment for the application of the licence validation
- Certified Copy of Pilots Licence
- Certified Copy of Medical
- Certified Copy of Passport
- 2 colour passport photos
- CAA Application Form
On Arrival in South Africa:
- Logbook, Licence and Medical for verification
- Air law Exam
- Briefing on Density Altitude
- Briefing on Radio procedures in South Africa
- Cape Town International Airport procedures briefing
- Check Ride with Grade 2 or 1 Instructor
If a 28 day Validation is required it needs to be stated on the application.
28 day Validation will only be valid for 28 day’s from issue.